The person(s) coming against you? Or the spirit at work among them?
Church today was great! Everything preached was right on time and exactly what I needed. It was a wonderful way to end my last service on campus for the school year. A lot of what Pastor Graham spoke on today is what I needed to hear during this transition period that I am going through. I thought that I would share some of the key things he touched today that really blessed me.
The series that we are in is called, “Your Next Move”. It comes from Ephesians 6:10-18 where Paul teaches about putting on the full armor of God. In this sermon, much of what Pastor Graham preached encouraged me on some of the goals in my May I Challenge. So here are few things that stood out to me and I have also listed PG’s 4 key points. Hopefully they will be a blessing to you as well.
- When you try to do right, there will always be a fight.
- There is nothing that the devil won’t use to try to distract you and hinder you from fulfilling your purpose. (He will use family, friends, or whoever he can.)
- Sometimes those closest to us become our adversary without them even knowing it, but you must recognize it.
- We try to please those who don’t even understand where we are going.
- You’re fighting against something deeper than the person in front of you.
- We get so caught up on holding a grudge that we don’t even realize what we are really fighting against.
- Your ego is not why they’re trying to attack you. It is bigger than you, it is your purpose.
These things reminded me that a lot of times, we get caught up in who is coming against us instead of focusing on what is coming against us. We don’t fight against flesh and blood, we fight against the spirit of darkness at work in this world. You cannot and must refuse to get distracted by what others have to say about you and refuse to get sidetracked by who comes against you. It is not your business who doesn’t like you. If you’re trying to do right and please God, there is always going to be someone who has something to say about you but you must focus on what Christ says about you. In the past, I have often coward out on what I felt I should say or do in life for fear of what I thought another would think or feel about me. You can’t give into that! People will forever talk, be upset, come against you, and have thoughts about you whether you do right or wrong. You’ll never be able to make your next move if you focus on those things. Allow your character and your spirit to take care of your reputation.
4 KEY POINTS:
YOU CAN CHOOSE TO BE A PRISONER OF THE MOMENT OR A PIONEER OF THE MOMENT.
THERE ARE THOSE WHO HAVE DONE A LOT AND SIT DOWN, AND THEN THERE ARE THOSE WHO HAVE DONE ALL AND ARE STILL STANDING.
YOU CANNOT PUT IN HALF THE EFFORT AND EXPECT A FULL VICTORY.
REPLACE PROCRASTINATION WITH A PLAN & REPLACE CONVERSATION WITH CONVICTION, THEN MAKE YOUR NEXT MOVE.
If you attend UNC Charlotte or live in the Charlotte area, feel free to visit Road To Damascus any Sunday at 11am! You won’t be disappointed!! Check them out, link below.